28 May 2021
At PMI, we welcome independent verification to validate our methods and results.
418 scientific publications from 2008 to 2020 indicate a very important scientific output since the opening of the
R&D facility in 2008.
The feedback on our methods and results is provided in a variety of ways:
- We publish the key findings of our research in peer-reviewed academic journals, and our scientists participate in leading scientific conferences around the world.
- 418 scientific publications from 2008 to 2020 indicate a very important scientific output since the opening of the R&D facility in 2008.
- We also collaborate with experts to verify our methods on specific scientific topics such as combustion. Read our expert reports here.
- Crowd-sourced verification through the sbv IMPROVER program, is a forward-thinking setup to obtain external opinion on methods and data in Systems Toxicology.
- We developed the INTERVALS™ online platform to share and explore RRP assessment data and results together with the entire RRP research community. We also share mechanistic studies on smoking-related diseases and we provide in-depth scientific context for our studies.
- Since June 2016, we have piloted an Investigator Initiated Studies (IIS) program under which we have supported external scientists to advance and verify RRP* science. As more adult smokers switch to our smoke-free products, a growing number of scientific studies are performed and published by independent research institutions. Consequently, the IIS pilot program is discontinued and the last proposal submission deadline was the 1st of January 2018. PMI reviews all proposals submitted before then and continues to support all approved IIS until their completion.
We look forward to receiving independent results on our smoke-free products and to fostering open scientific conversations.