Unlock your potential and become part of the PMI Science team!
What’s our postdoctoral program about?
This is a 2-year fellowship giving you a unique opportunity to work on interdisciplinary and innovative research projects which cover an array of specialties.
Our priority is creating passionate teams of experts from different scientific and technical backgrounds – currently we have over 430 scientists, engineers, and technicians working across our sites. With this program, we’ll continue to foster innovation and build our science to the highest standards.
Why join us?
- Our facilities – our R&D Center in Neuchâtel, Switzerland (called ‘the Cube’) is a state-of-the-art research facility, with a great view! Plus, our cutting edge technology, tools, and robust scientific methodologies make us an industry leader.
- Publish your work – you’ll have the opportunity to publish your research in leading peer-reviewed journals.
- Be supported – conduct research with the guidance of a mentor who’s an expert in their field.
- We’re international – you’ll have the opportunity to work with colleagues from all over the world.
- We’re flexible – we truly believe that your work should fit you and not the other way around, which is achieved through our Flexible Work Arrangement Program.
- We’re a certified Top Employer – we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we develop talent throughout all levels of the organization.
- We are an equal opportunity employer in an inclusive environment – this is part of our organization's core principles.
If you want to know more about the postdoctoral experience first-hand, find out what our first group of postdocs think.
Interested in applying?
We’re always looking for new talent from different backgrounds (data analysis, hematology, epigenetics, and more).
Help drive our research and development forward towards our transformation.
Control mechanisms of tobacco leaf senescence
Delve into plant genetics and investigate the processes behind cell aging in tobacco plants.
Measuring protein adducts in blood samples
Extract and validate biochemical complexes and biomarkers in the blood.
Establishing “SensoCytes” using human progenitor cells or iPSCs
Investigate SensoCytes – genetically engineered cells with intracellular sensors.
Assessing neuroinflammation, using iPSC-derived in vitro models
Use biological network models and in vitro co-cultures to examine neuroinflammation pathways.
Mechanistic investigations on tobacco plants to understand aerosol chemistry relationships
Develop models on the relationship between plant precursors and aerosol chemistry.
Aerosol phase distribution and interactions
Dive into particle and gas-vapor phase distributions to support our engineering testing teams.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) in systems toxicology
Work on innovative applications for neuronal networks to bring AI further into life sciences.
Translational systems biology for new mechanistic disease risk biomarker discovery
Collaborate with our Singapore scientists to design an in vivo study for biomarker research.
Breathomics: Analyzing chemical compounds from exhaled breath
Identify and analyze chemical and biological markers in breath.
Our aim at PMI Science
Although smoking rates are declining in many countries, it is estimated that by 2020, the worldwide number of smokers will exceed 1 billion. Providing alternative reduced risk products (RRPs) for smokers who would otherwise continue to smoke is our focus at PMI Science. We’re developing novel RRPs that, we believe, will be acceptable to current adult smokers, and with a risk profile that is significantly lower than cigarettes.
In order to assess whether switching to these novel products can reduce the risk of developing the diseases most strongly associated with smoking, when compared to continued smoking, we have developed a comprehensive and extensive scientific assessment program.