1. N. T. Brewer et al., Public understanding of cigarette smoke constituents: three US surveys. Tob Control 26, 592-599 (2016).
2. F. Barontini et al., Volatile products formed in the thermal decomposition of a tobacco substrate. Ind Eng Chem Res 52, 14984-14997 (2013).
3. V. Cozzani et al., An experimental investigation into the operation of an electrically heated tobacco system. Thermochimica Acta 684, 178475 (2020).
4. A. Rodgman, T. A. Perfetti, The chemical components of tobacco and tobacco smoke. (Boca Raton (FL): CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2013).
5. M. I. Mitova et al., Comparison of the impact of the Tobacco Heating System 2.2 and a cigarette on indoor air quality. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 80, 91-101 (2016).
6. ISO, ISO 16000-8:2007 Indoor air — Part 8: Determination of local mean ages of air in buildings for characterizing ventilation conditions (2007) (Link).
7. M. I. Mitova et al., Air quality assessment of the Tobacco Heating System 2.2 under simulated residential conditions. Air Qual Atmosphere Health 12, 807-823 (2019).
8. World Health Organization, WHO guidelines for indoor air quality: selected pollutants (2010) (Link).
9. "Scientific substantiation of the absence of Environmental Tobacco Smoke (ETS) emission during use of the Electrically Heated Tobacco System (EHTS) | PMI Science," (Link).
10. D. N. Bhatta, S. A. Glantz, Association of E-Cigarette Use With Respiratory Disease Among Adults: A Longitudinal Analysis. Am J Prev Med 58, 182-190 (2020).
11. C. N. E. Tompkins et al., Factors that influence smokers’ and ex-smokers’ use of IQOS: a qualitative study of IQOS users and ex-users in the UK. Tob Control, 10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2019-055306 (2020).
12. L. O. Gostin, Do bans help modern public health? Science 367, 229 (2020).
13. Retraction to: Electronic Cigarette Use and Myocardial Infarction Among Adults in the US Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health. J Am Heart Assoc 9, e014519 (2020).
14. O. Alijevic et al., An electrophysiological characterization of naturally occurring tobacco alkaloids and their action on human α4β2 and α7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. Phytochemistry 170, 112187 (2020).
15. D. J. Smart et al., Baseline effects of non-flavored e-liquids in the in vitro micronucleus assay. Toxicol Res Appl 3, 10.1177/2397847319887904 (2019).
16. R. Kannan et al., Anthropometry-based generation of personalized and population-specific human airway models. Int J Numer Methods Biomed Eng, e3324 (2020).